Like a bad penny, options expiration is upon us again. Plus there are a boatload of earnings report during this week. On the good side, it’s a slow economic news week…as if the earnings won’t make it a wild ride already. With earning expectations being lowered during the first quarter, many companies may “beat” earnings allowing for another run up in the indexes.
Like yesterday, markets were mixed as the Dow lead the way up, but AAPL and GOOG dragged down the Nasdaq and kept the S&P and Russell in check. Buckle up and let’s roll!
- Apple weighs on Nasdaq; Dow climbs 72 (newsok.com)
- For the stock market, it’s all about Apple (washingtontimes.com)
- The Day on the Dow: Tech Tanked and Apple Sank (fool.com)
- More Dividend Hikes On The Way (DOW, MOS, TOO, TGP, FUL, GOOG) (247wallst.com)
- Corporate Earnings Beat Rates Have Been On A 20-Year Upward Trend (businessinsider.com)
- Get ready for the earnings deluge (business.financialpost.com)